Re: (TV) More info....

In a message dated 9/5/2002 2:36:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
raggedglory57@hotmail.com writes:
> Like Cadillac using the L. Zep song, to me it is just an indication these
> companies think that the people who originally liked these bands are now of
>
> the age and in the target audience who buy those vehicles.  They are trying
>
> to stir an exciting memory by using these songs, and are trying to pair or
> relate those exciting memories to those cars. I don't think it has anything
>
> to do with the Clash's politics or ideology any more than it does  with the
>
> decadence of Zep.

Honestly, this is absolutely the correct answer. No-one at the ad agency is
dissecting the real meaning of the lyrics, the impacts of the bands, etc.
They want something that sounds good to go along with the images. And to be
honest, "London Calling" sounds great in that ad.

Owen Gwilliam
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/otg
http://shadowy.brainiac.com (The Shadowy Site On A Shadowy Web)

"Thank you for coming to the concert ... you don't call, you don't write, but
you look good ..."
    -- Tom Waits addressing the crowd at a 1999 Vancouver concert