Re: (TV) new here

There is definitely a difference in style there, but I don't think one is
negative and one positive.
To me, Tom's and Richard's (Hell, that is) stuff isn't really punk. To me
the Ramones , the Dead Boys,
 the Heartbreakers, with and without Hell were punk but I never considered
Television a punk band.
I've been in a bunch of bands that I could never categorize, people would
ask me what kind of music we play, and even though we played CBGB's
and Max's I'd just say we play rock and roll. Even today when people ask me
about Television ( Television comes up a lot in my conversations about
music)
I just say they are a guitar driven rock and roll band. It may be a little
too simplistic but it always worked for me.
Dennis D