Re: (TV) OT: thoughts on The Hives and the severity of their status as a schtick band?

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Graham"
It makes me sad that in this era there is nobody like a Tom Verlaine, a
> Richard Hell, a Patti Smith, a Joey Ramone, to make it all theirs as
> opposed to a version of someone else's...

Well, there probably is, but unless they figure out some way to be labeled
and marketed, most of us aren't going to hear about them.  I could rant on
and on about this (and have frequently in the past) but I'll just say I'll
take a new Collins Kids over the Hives any day- though I am impressed that
someone decided to rip off David Johansen.