(TV) Roseland show with LOW a joke right??!! / Bowie live on A&E last Sat

>Talk about shows I wish I'd seen... this and Bowie playing
>all of LOW at Roseland last week... !

Hey Philip, is this you just kidding about your fantasy show
at Roseland during which Bowie does your dream set list of all
of the album Low (probably my all-time favorite--at least in
my top 3)?  How was his version of "Be My Wife"? I thought
his tour opening for Moby didn't start yet, and he'd never
play all of Low with Heathen to promote?

More Bowie:
Despite my recent criticisms of Bowie's cover of "Kingdom Come"
and his not always giving credit where credit's due, I was
quite enthralled by the 2 hour show on the A&E channel
(called "Requests Live"[sic]? )last Saturday night on which
Bowie and his band appeared.

Granted there's the basic artificiality of the A&E concept
of taking song requests over the phone and the fact that
the performing band always knows at least a week or so ahead
of the live telecast which old songs would be requested.

But Bowie was extremely warm and gracious---even funny at times
with all the callers (and even with the dreadful show's host
whose name I can't recall).

The different arrangements for some of his older songs
(at least for a song's first third or half), e.g., "Heroes"
and "China Girl" were inventive and great.

Bowie's singing voice never sounded better, and the new
material from Heathen was gorgeous.

	Leo

ps: Almost makes me wish I hadn't called him the Ezra Pound
of rock (for his politics).