Re: (TV) Marquee Moon - the song

--- Michael Olcsvary <olcsvary@icehouse.net> wrote:
A better question
> might be who  actually
> played the melodic lines on the albums.  For
> example, the opening lick on
> "Venus" sounds awfully Verlaine-y to me, though
> Richard always plays that
> part live.  Yet another mystery for the ages...

Verlaine wrote most if not all of MM.  Back then Lloyd
was not the guitar god he is today.  verlaine
apparently feels no ownership toward particular solos.
 now that lloyd can play them, he he takes the lead...

any one else hungover?

=====
"If every museum in the New World were emptied, if every
famous building in the Old World were destroyed and only
Venice saved, there would be enough there to fill a full lifetime with delight.  Venice, with all its complexity and variety, is in itself the greatest surviving work of art."  --Evelyn Waugh