(TV) john renbourn

Mark Meader <markm@adnc.com> comments & asks:
"I agree... great stuff.  Renbourn has been one of my favorite guitarists
along with Verlaine and Thompson for many years.  Back when I had time to
play guitar (and could read music.. long since forgotten, unfortunatey) I
had a book of his pieces written out in full classical guitar notation..
absoutely the most finger busting stuff I ever tried to play and he just
does it so naturally. Amazing.
Haven't heard about him for years.. maybe some of our British friends know
if he's still around?

Mark M.

i had the pleasure of hanging out w/john for a week last summer at igs (a guitar camp started by bob brozman & woody mann). while i didn't take any of his classes we ended up eating dinner together & he hung out every nite w/us jamming students, told stories, drank whiskey & was an all around great guy. that's why i decided to investigate pentangle. it took the friend who's house i stayed at during my mission of burma field trip to finally play me some of pentangle. i'm hooked & plan to purchase the catalog. as my wife enrolled me again in igs as a xmas present, i'm hoping to take a class from john. last summer, he gave me a copy of his class materials & his email if i had questions, but truthfully, figuring it out on my own boggles my brain. here's the igs url for more detail on the guitar camp (which by the way is greatgreatgreat.)
http://www.guitarseminars.com/
sam