RE: (TV) Recent listens

--- Eric Veillette <ericgv@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Amelie - Soundtrack [Speaking of which, has anyone seen this incredibly
> beautiful film?]

Yeah, excellent - just saw it last weekend. Really enjoyed it. Beautiful to
watch.

Lately, I'm having huge revivals of interest in the dB's, Pere Ubu, and the
Soft Boys, trawling portions of their catalogs I had previously overlooked/not
known about. So my music at work these days is:

Soft Boys - A CAN OF BEES. LIVE AT THE PORTLAND ARMS. TWO HALVES FOR THE PRICE
OF ONE. Kimberley Rew's first solo LP.
dB's - SOUND OF MUSIC, and assorted 7", solo, and non-LP tracks.
Pere Ubu - NEW PICNIC TIME (Maurice - your recommendation got me listening
again, thanks). TENEMENT YEAR, CLOUDLAND, WORLDS IN COLLISION.

Just ordered the new Rocket From The Tombs compilation, too, which was released
Feb. 1. Looking forward to receiving it.

--Philip