Re: (TV) "CBGB's Great Unknowns"

--- Raymond <ray@wavewalker.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> i'm with Philip on this one,after the first three tracks i just couldn't
> hack that cd anymore

Exactly how I felt - it's like one of those budget "Hits of the 70s/80s Vol.
XII" CDs where there are two recognizable "hits" for every 8 tracks of filler.
Even for a Television fanatic, you only get "Pt. 1" of "Little Johnny Jewel",
and Hell's original "Blank Generation" has appeared elsewhere in better sound
(and correct stereo).

> btw  i think you might have traded me a while back for that copy you're
> talking about Philip!

Uh-oh - I'm not at home, so I can't doublecheck, but I only had one copy to
begin with, so you're probably right (sorry Dennis!). However, as part of that
trade I got my first Only Ones CD (PEEL SESSIONS), which was musically worth
fifty copies of THE GREAT NEW YORK SINGLES SCENE.

At *least* fifty copies.

--Philip