(TV) Favorites & Overrateds

Here's a list (by no means complete or in particular order)

"Electric Ladyland": Jimi Hendrix Experience;
"Ogden's Nut Gone Flake": Small Faces;
"Twelve Dreams of Dr. Sardonicus": Spirit;
"Happy Trails": Quicksilver Messenger Service;
"Marquee Moon"/"The Blow-Up"/"Living Arts": Television;
"Dreamtime"/"Flashlight"/"The Miller's Tale": Tom Verlaine;
"The Psychedelic Sounds of...": 13th Floor Elevators;
"The Best of the Animals": The Animals;
"Beggar's Banquet"/"Let It Bleed"/"Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out": Rolling Stones;
Duane Eddy (currently don't have anything, but must rectify that);
Any of the "original" Fleetwood Mac, with Peter Green, Jeremy Spencer, and
Danny Kirwan;
"Dark Side of the Moon": Pink Floyd;
"A Rock 'N' Roll Collection": Johnny Winter;
"Rock 'N Roll": New York Dolls;
"Born Too Loose - The Best of Johnny Thunders".

I could go on... As I've come to appreciate the eclectic tastes, opinions,
and unabashed commentary of the list members, you all can let me have it.
I do object to including Jimi Hendrix in the "overrated" category: in spite
of his continuing popularity, I consider him to be under appreciated -- he
was not just a musician, but a magician as well, in the truest sense of the
term.  Check out some of the more recent releases (by family), especially
the boxed set, or, if in the right frame of mind (if your consciousness is
altered enough), really listen to ("experience") "Electric Ladyland"....imho
the best album ever.
I like Pink Floyd, but I would have to agree that they could be considered
overrated, when taken into context with the rest of the universe of great
music, and I feel the same about the Beatles (yeah, they're great, but are
they really THAT great?).
And, of course, the Eagles.....but I did like Joe Walsh's work, for the most
part, with The James Gang.
Don Mallen