Re: (TV) (OT) The Velvets and Corporate America

>>- --- DAYKARAK@aol.com wrote:
>>This is even
>> *more* true in the case of,
>> say, The Velvet Underground just because of the now
>> classic line about how
>> "few people bought it, but everyone who bought the
>> first VU record started a
>> band". No doubt you've heard PLENTY of morons trying
>> to talk about music and
>> landing on something like that; I've also found that
>> another favorite phrase
>> among these people happens to be "corporate
>> America". ;) Anyway, despite all
>> this, that doesn't make the VU suddenly "bad" just
>> because some shallow
>> idiots who want to appear to be smart pretend to dig
>> them, does it?
>>
>as for all this, just a quick scenario i witnessed not
>too long ago...
>rush hour traffic in the heart of downtown portland-
>as i'm crossing burnside ave., i hear "sister ray"
>exploding & i turn to see some youngish goateed suit
>in an ostentatious suv pumping the volume (& fighting
>the power too, i guess)....
>whatta miraculous vision it was...instant satori-like.

Ya know, as funny as that is, I'd much rather hear some 28 year old stock broker listening to Sister Ray than the annoying "Who Let The Dogs Out" or whatever's cool this summer blaring outta some expensive boring car at the red light in the Financial District.

-e