Re: (TV) earliest memories of rock

----- Original Message -----
From: sam matthews

> from ages 5 to 10, here are my major music memories:
> hendrix on carson

any good Sam?

btw i wonder if any of you outside of the uk have ever had the good fortune
see a great live clip of Hendrix on the Lulu show where he's supposed to be
doing "hey joe" with the Experience and they stop after a few bars and
launch instead into Cream's "sunshine of your love" (Cream had just
announced they were breaking up that day).They also overran their segment
at the end of the programme and the floor manager was having heart
palpitations
much to the band's amusement who stretch out the ending as much as
possible...
it was shown again here last night on a prog about great musical moments on
the
gogglebox and they even spoke to the guy at the bbc who managed to rescue
this
clip from being destroyed (!)- i would have thought that this is rather the
type of
valiant person who deserves an MBE or an OBE instead of the usual tossers
who get them.... no?