Re: (TV) Now Playing

At 06:14 PM 4/27/01 -0400, you wrote:
>Rick Greenwald <greenie@interaccess.com> wrote:
>> You said it.  Wish I was there now - Richard Thompson is playing this
>> weekend.  And fix me up one of those crawfish breads, please . . .
>
>I saw RT last Saturday in Boston - just superb.  The man gets more out of
>one guitar than many entire bands!  He had Dave Mattacks com out and play
>an encore.  Dave had a snare and a hi-hat, and the two of them filled the
>sonic space completely.

Oooh, with the band.  I am jealous.

BTW, when I spent some time on the Richard Thompson list, the topic of
similarities between RT and TV came up on occasion.  There are times when
RT sounds a bunch like Verlaine to me (parts of the live "Calvary Cross"),
although Thompson was obviously out on record long before Television.

Thoughts from the list?

- Rick G.