RE: (TV) See No Evil

I'll second that Maurice. I wonder if he was playing it because he wanted
to, or because he thought it would please the crowd?

In the seventies one of the most famous swedish journalists, Mats Olsson, had a POP-page every saturday in our biggest evening newspaper. He was a big Television fan and wrote a lot about the band. When TV came here for that legendary show in Stockholm-77 they were treated as big stars. "...like Beatles", Richard said later. I think Richard played the song for his own nostalgic reasons but also as a gesture to the audience, it had been eight long years but now he was back, and for the ones that didn't know or had forgot, he had to prove that he was one of the members in that band.
Don't know, but that's what I think can be a reason...