Re: (TV) Maurice the wordsmith/Q's for list

At 3:48 PM -0500 12/14/00, Casey, Leo J wrote:
You are quite the wordsmith (no pun intended).... Your juxtaposition of the ideas/words of rock-dinosaur fossils [in a quarry] with too alive for a reliquary, is either positively brilliant or I'm just drunk on Television-reunionism (or both!)

Thanks! Glad you liked it. On seeing it again, it looked to me like a candidate for the New Yorker's "Block that Metaphor" fillers. But I do think it's true--I mean, look who _is_ getting inducted. We could probably argue for days over this or that person still producing vital work, but the innovations for most of them are over.

Some Questions for anyone:

I'll second the first two questions--any wild speculations, anyone?

3)I used to kid my friends years ago that about the only silver linings of Television's lack of commercial success was that you never had to worry about Tom's solo tours in 80s or and Television's live shows in 90s ever being sold out. Do you think that propostion still holds?

I dunno, but it won't if they follow some of Michael's suggestions from earlier today.

4)Have you ever heard of a band called, Television?  Telewho?

I thought this was the Marquee Mark list...

--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/