Re: (TV) new hell tune

>it seems to me hell may be thinking he needs to tone down or try & settle
into
>his "non"-voice these days a la leonard cohen or something (whose voice
has
>aged beautifully)...the dim stars record really previewed this whole
approach.

I agree. Cohen's voice has aged nicely, but keep in mind that his voice has
that raspy quality due to the years of alcohol and cigarette abuse... he's
admitted to it himself in an interview from about a decade back.  So as for
Hell, I'm sure its the same case, cause we all know what kinda lifestyle
the guy has led.

But as for Cohen, at least he still does *have* a voice. One of my favorite
songwriters, Claude Léveillée, had this beautiful voice in the 70s, and I
was quite saddened when i saw him live last november and heard him
struggling to keep his voice going through every song...

I say singers should be nice to their voices....

Then again, that isn`t very rock `n roll-like of me, is it?