From: jpg@sirius.com [mailto:jpg@sirius.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2000 6:42 AM
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: Re: (TV) Verlaine talks About Adventure

Thanks for this one.
By the way I love the dirt and gossip! Keep it coming, brother!

"Michael T. Carlucci" wrote:

   Philip & I are finally at work on the NYC 70's Punk Museum. In among my

mess of ephemera is a press kit for Adventure. Here's what Tom has to say
track by track. Enjoy it. There's lots of stuff like this to come up in the
future. Watchout for the Hell era bio sheets with interviews from all
members.
M T C

1. Glory- Was written on 2 cassette recorders with pencils as drums. Used an
empty
    room as an echo chamber We had to keep stopping and waiting for the rain
to let up
    because the room had a leak in the ceiling. An easy R & R tune, we got
it down in a
    couple of hours.

2. Days - Comes out of the early Byrds sound. Guitar parts are a little like
Mr.
    Tambourine Man played backward. Lrics were written in Sweden on our last
tour.

3. Foxhole- It's been in our repitoire for the last two years, but didn't
make the
                 first LP. It's a dirty violent number. The solos were done
in one take.

4. Careful- Been doing this one for 3 or 4 years. Fans always ask why we
didn't record it.
                 Sounds like the Ventures, the way it's recorded. (Cab
Calloway liked it. He was
                 recording in the same studio and stopped by)

5. Carried Away- First piece I wrote primarily on Keyboards. It was amost
like an improvi-
                           sation. The early 60's vibrato guitar has a very
watery flavor.

6. The Fire- The weird organ sound is an ondioline invented by a Frenchman
in the 40's.
                  It's a 36 note instrument that can quiver a note by
shaking the key. The song
                 is influenced by an old album "Music From The Twilight
Zone". Another strange
                 sound is a switchblade knife bowing the strings on the
intro. The lyrics are the
                story of 2 people whose interior experience suddenly matches
up with the world
                around them. It's difficult to explain.

7. Ain't That Nothin'- written on piano a week before we went into the
studio. It was originally
                                about someone I use to know, but now it's
not. It was 12 minutes long
                                but faded it @ 5-1/2 minutes.(Oooohhhh!
where is the rest)

8. The Dreams Dream- It's based on a melody that Fred & I did. Another thing
we found on
                                   an old cassette. It was the last song we
recorded. We rehearsed it
                                   on a Sunday, recorded it on a Monday. The
strange sliding instrument
                                  is an upright bass; the crashing sound at
the end is a gong being dropped
                                 into a tub of water. The song was developed
in the studio. It only has
                                 8 lines. It didn't seem to need alot of
lyrics, just the right ones.