Re: (TV) another Verlaine cover..and a new thread???

Hope I'm not too late--I love covers.

I've said before on the list I reckon the best cover version ever put on
vinyl
is Husker Du doing 8 Miles High.
In my my view Husker Du were kings of covers as I'd also include(not all put
on vinyl/cd etc)
by them, Sunshine Superman, Love Is All Around(Rhoda theme tune), Blitzkrieg
Bop, Helter Skelter  and Daytripper(and if they can make me like a couple of
Beatles songs then that's an achievement--believe me!).

I love loads of others but have to cut it down a bit.

Stiff Little Fingers  Johnny Was( this band told me more about the troubles
in Northern Ireland than any politician).

Billy Bragg  Which Side Are You On( he did adapt it a bit) and World Turned
Upside Down( the 2 songs most likely to bring me close to tears--they
immediately bring back memories of the mid-eighties miners strike in Britain
and that fu*king woman Thatcher).
Lemonheads   Amazing Grace
Naked Raygun   Love Battery
Dead Kennedys   Viva Las Vegas
Residents   Satisfaction
Television   Psychotic Reaction/Fire Engine
Capitol Punishment  In Dreams( my award for best destruction of a song--in a
good way)
Down By Law   500 Miles( the slight change to the lyrics makes it really
funny)
Chris Farlowe  Out Of Time
Screeching Weasel  I Can See Clearly Now
Love Sculpture   Sabre Dance
Frankie Goes To Hollywood   War(whatever you thought of them--they got an
anti-war song to #1 in the charts for weeks).
Nils Lofgren  Goin Back
Graham Parker & The Rumour  Soul Shoes

I could go on but..................