From: Maurice Rickard <maurice@mac.com>
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: (TV) Time for a new thread?
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 15:46:17 -0500

With new list members about, it seems like a good time for a "what's
in the player" thread.  Mine:

(NP) Poster Children, _DDD_  IIRC, Chelsea's said that they just keep
getting better, and she's right.  Hard-hitting, tight, energetic,
positive and forward-looking.  And this self-recorded CD (on an old
Quadra, no less, right?) sounds great.

Richard Lloyd's _The Cover Doesn't Matter_, which gets better with
every listen.

The Tom Verlaine 1981 Ritz show (unreleased), dynamic, fluid,
smokin'.  Not happy with what Tom's done lately?   Remind yourself
why you're on the list.  Check out this mighty, energetic performance.

And this morning I heard one of the tunes (not sure which one) from
the new Steven Malkmus disc.  Pretty good, nice tones, decent lead
playing.  Haven't heard anything else from it, though.

Anyone heard the new Tortoise disc yet?  (Haven't, myself.)  Advance
word seems good, though...

So what's in your player, folks?

--
Maurice Rickard