Re: (TV) "ballet mecanique" looks so medieval!

> do with the bizarre
> avant-garde classical piece of the same name? It was
> written in the 20s
> (I think) by a guy called Antheil, and it's scored
> for 16 player pianos,
> an aeroplane propeller, a siren, and assorted
> percussion.
why yes it is (apparently).  i just did a search and
came up with this webpage:

http://www.antheil.org

apparently this was the music with which the film was
initially supposed to be screened (with apologies to
tom and jimmy...).

--chelsea

=====
chelsea the mod pixie*tugboat@channel1.com
       http://www.pixievision.com
"i'm very happy.  it's the songs that are depressed."
--kristin hersh