Re: (TV) old but new

In a message dated 2/13/01 5:35:49 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jkauff@earthlink.net writes:

<<
 I hadn't seen him for several months before the Piccadilly shows, but he
 called me up and said "I've booked this NY band called Television for two
 nights at the Piccadilly--you've gotta come! They're the best band since
 the Velvets!"

 He was right, too.

yeah i used to see Television and talking heads play to nobody at cbgbs all
the time and would tape them all the time!!! A particular fave moment that I
play alot has some one yelling out persistently for CONVOY--a trucking song
that was a big hit at the time.  Verlaine, having had enough of this joker,
then goes ok the name of the next song is CONVOY and the drunk at the bar
yells in appreciation!!! A great time.

Timmy Stein